The definition of "road cycling" now includes gravel and dirt as well as pavement. At the same time, bikes are evolving to meet the fit requirements of smaller riders. Meeting these two distinct needs was the driving force behind the Zipp 303 Firecrest 650B Tubeless Disc-brake wheelset. The smaller rim size provides room within frames and forks for larger tires that deliver increased comfort, compliance, and cornering performance. With more tire between the rim and the ground, the overall wheel diameter, including the tire, is similar to a standard 700c wheel and road tire combination. Back on the pavement, the 650B is a better-fitting wheel for smaller athletes riding compatible frames. For too long, many smaller cyclists have trained and raced on standard 700c wheels, losing out on the advantages of a proper fitting wheel such as improved handling and the elimination of front wheel-toe overlap. At the center of the 303 650B Firecrest Tubeless is a versatile and durable hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB.
- Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Versatile 45mm rim profile for increased speed and better cornering, control, and comfort
- Tubeless design provides secure performance when ridden at lower tire pressures
- ZR1 DB hubset is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Built with Sapim CX Sprint J-bend spokes
- Center Lock rotor interface (lockring included)
- Ships with 12mm end caps
Going tubeless allows you to run lower tire pressures without the added weight of a tube. Lower tire pressure has many benefits, including greater traction, lower rolling resistance over rough surfaces, and decreased risk of a puncture-related flat.
Tubeless-ready rims and tires are parts of a complete system that eliminate the need for tubes by creating an airtight chamber between the rim and tire. Liquid sealant is added to the chamber to fill small punctures and maintain air pressure while you ride.
UST (Universal Standard for Tubeless) is a specific type of tubeless system that dictates the shape of the rim and tire beads. UST rims should be paired with UST-specific tires for best results.
|Carbon clincher, tubeless ready
|Disc brake (Center Lock)
|142 x 12mm thru-axle
|ZR1 Disc Brake
|Inner Rim Width
* Subject to change without notice.
|142 x 12mm / SRAM XDR / Black / 650B